A rant inspired by far too many “feminism versus mothers/attachment parenting/stay at home moms! SHOW DOWN AT SUNDOWN!” articles I’ve encountered recently. Storified, because I ain’t typing all this twice. (I don’t know how well/whether Storify works with screen readers, so if you can’t access this, please let me know.)
Choose text size
Search Raising My Boychick
Tagsableism attachment parenting bipolar birth bisexuality blogging breastfeeding chronic illness comment begging disability domesticity falling short fathering Fat is a feminist issue feminists don't laugh food Gender gender diverse parenting gender roles Health identity isms language Links massage Menstruation Mental Health Meta misogyny patriarchy pictures pregnancy Privilege Race racism school self-indulgent introspection Sexuality sleep societal pressures trans USA violence against women white privilege woo woo
TiredTheresa on There’s no such thing as “healthy food”LOL @ "eat nothing from a store" sooooo true! I have the dreaded PCOS. Saw a wonderful, BEAUTIFUL video on...
Ashley on Menstrual MondayI have always had painful periods, so much so that I have thrown up on a number of occasions. I...
- 10, No, 40 Things I Never Want to Hear or Read Again, Parenting Judgment Edition 140 comments
- On breastfeeding and things we don't talk about 97 comments
- Dancing between the tables: on the personhood of children 88 comments
- Talking to Venn 86 comments
- Quick hit: why I loathe "Everyone's bi" 85 comments
- On the ubiquitous use of "crazy" 77 comments
- Fat and pregnant: 10 weeks 74 comments
- No, less-than-threes do not need their moms 24/7/365 69 comments
- Sea Pearls (menstrual sponges): a review 68 comments
- How to make a Boychick and his sibling: two birth equations 63 comments