A rant inspired by far too many “feminism versus mothers/attachment parenting/stay at home moms! SHOW DOWN AT SUNDOWN!” articles I’ve encountered recently. Storified, because I ain’t typing all this twice. (I don’t know how well/whether Storify works with screen readers, so if you can’t access this, please let me know.)
Choose text size
Search Raising My Boychick
- 2012 (31)
- 2011 (105)
- 2010 (159)
- 2009 (191)
- 2008 (6)
Tagsableism attachment parenting bipolar birth bisexuality blogging breastfeeding chronic illness comment begging disability domesticity falling short fathering Fat is a feminist issue feminists don't laugh food Gender gender diverse parenting gender roles Health identity isms language Links massage Menstruation Mental Health Meta misogyny patriarchy pictures pregnancy Privilege Race racism school self-indulgent introspection Sexuality sleep societal pressures trans USA violence against women white privilege woo woo
jenie on When a period isn’t a periodAwesome article!Brains and lot of knowledge about anything can get annoying sometimes.Lol!Diva cup a costume? But trust me diva cup...
Kendra on Sea Pearls (menstrual sponges): a reviewGreat review =] I used tampons and pads from age 15-20, and for the past cycle and a half I've been...
Jared Thaler on Ten Tips for Tickling Without TraumaSorry, I should clarify, I do like everything *else* in the article, and I agree entirely that children should...
Jared Thaler on Ten Tips for Tickling Without TraumaI don't actually like the advice in here for establishing a verbal safeword. First of all, tickling, almost by definition...
- 10, No, 40 Things I Never Want to Hear or Read Again, Parenting Judgment Edition 139 comment(s)
- Dancing between the tables: on the personhood of children 87 comment(s)
- Talking to Venn 86 comment(s)
- On breastfeeding and things we don't talk about 85 comment(s)
- Quick hit: why I loathe "Everyone's bi" 85 comment(s)
- On the ubiquitous use of "crazy" 76 comment(s)
- Fat and pregnant: 10 weeks 73 comment(s)
- No, less-than-threes do not need their moms 24/7/365 68 comment(s)
- How to make a Boychick and his sibling: two birth equations 63 comment(s)
- Open thread: On first periods 61 comment(s)